Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

EdReach

On EdReach, I chose to listen to The Google Educast episode regarding the Research Tool in Google docs (Episode #49). I'm also taking a research course this semester so I thought that learning more about this tool would prove helpful in that class. Supposedly while searching in Google Scholar, there is a function to make citations within different formats. Honestly, I don't feel like this podcast helped me understand this function at all. (If you're reading Professor Knight, perhaps a lesson in Google Scholar one class?) The podcast was set up like a talk show and instead of using visuals to show computer screenshots of the Google scholar process, the video only showed the persons speaking. Seeing the person talk was a little easier to follow than blindly listening to the radio, but I feel like an enhanced podcast with visuals would have been much more helpful in this scenario. I did a bit more exploring on the EdReach website and it seems like all of their podcasts are basic podcasts and not enhanced. 

As I've previously stated, I have a hard time paying attention to basic podcasts. Therefore I don't think this type of podcast (including the ones on EdReach) is something I would heavily rely on in my classroom. The case for enhanced podcasts is strong and I would definitely like to incorporate these into my classroom, both as learning tools and as something for students to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment