Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Will Richardson

I've spent the morning exploring Will Richardson's blog (willrichardson.com) and reading his various posts attempting to answer "What happens to schools and classrooms and learning in a 2.0 world?" After beginning to read his blog, it becomes immediately evident that Will is extremely knowledgeable about both technology and education. Although his well-informed stance is appealing, I was drawn to this blog more due to the passion that Will demonstrates towards his subject. According to the "About" section, Will has two middle-school aged children and his posts demonstrate his desire to make sure that his sons are receiving the best possible education. Although many people have passion for education, it is not as common to find writers with equal passion for education and technology, making Will Richardson's blog a refreshing read.

4 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    One of my all time favorite people! He has wonderful ideas and has a great blog presence. I am even geeky enough to have him sign his latest book when I saw him speak in Philly last summer. He is also a leader when is comes to building your own Personal Learning Network...http://bit.ly/cpeu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Knight,
    Thanks for adding the video about Personal Learning Networks. I wasn't familiar with that term before, but I'm going to look more into it now and see how I can incorporate this into my classroom and help students create online identities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,

    I completely agree with you. I also read some of his blog and was apprehensive at first because he is just a parent however he had a lot of great ideas! Seeing the passion in his blog post makes me want to learn more about technology in education. Let me know if you find any other personal blogs that talk about education technology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely keep you posted, Heather. I started following Will on Twitter so if he posts any good blogs, I'll pass them along!

    ReplyDelete